flag XLB 57    URANIUM CITY
home
northern radio
towers
dnr
sar
training courses
ozi
kosar





uranium

The back of the Government building. The antenna was mounted on the roof. This is looking west from George and Elsie's house.For years the antennas were remoted to a hill between town and the airport. When the mine closed the antennas were moved to this building. When the Government building was closed ( and John Cook left) the cables were run to a house alongside George Bihun's place.

uranium city The last radio station at UC. A house beside Elsie's place. Elsie was the last Radio Operator for Uranium City.  
  glen sherman XLB 57 Uranium City in 1958  Glen Sherman Radio Operator  Big transmitters on each side are Type 10 at 100 watts AM. 1.6 Mhz to 6.0 Mhz .
The original Radio Station was at Goldfields then moved when the town moved.
Goldfields Radio Station originaly was a tent and the Radio Operator used a Morse key for transmitting mineral claim registrations to Prince Albert.